General Terms of Service
Last updated: Feb 25, 2017
2. Investor Members: Securities Matters
4. Registration Data: Account Security
You may be required to register with us in order to access and use certain features of the Service. In consideration of your use of the Service, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information as may be prompted by any registration forms on the Site ("Registration Data"); (b) maintain the security of your password and identification; (c) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you provide to us, to keep it accurate, current and complete; and (d) be fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, if any, and are fully responsible for any and all activities that occur under your password or account.
You agree to (i) immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security and (ii) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session when accessing the Service. You agree not to hold YouLandliable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
5. Proprietary Rights in Service Content and Software; Limited License
The technology and software underlying the Service or distributed in connection therewith are the property of YouLand, our affiliates and our partners (the “Software”). You agree not to copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, or otherwise transfer any right in the Software. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by YouLand.
6. Trademark Rights
YouLand and other graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of YouLandin the U.S. and/or other countries. Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used, including as part of trademarks and/or as part of domain names, in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission.
7. User Representations
You represent, warrant and agree that no materials of any kind submitted through your account or otherwise posted or shared by you through the Service will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights; or contain libelous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material. You further agree not to harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other Users of the Service by electronic or other means for any purpose. Additionally, you agree not to use automated scripts to collect information from the Service for any purpose. You further agree that you may not use the Service in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Service.In addition, you agree not to use the Service to:
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or network connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- register for more than one account, register for an account on behalf of an individual other than yourself, or register for an account on behalf of any group or entity unless you are an authorized agent of that business or entity with authority to register for an account on its behalf;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," “contests,” “sweepstakes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make publicly available on the Service any private information of any third party, including, without limitation, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers;
- access personally identifying information of other Users without that User’s authorization;
- solicit personal information from anyone under 18 or solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- intimidate or harass other Users;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law;
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other Users from the Service by electronic or other means;
- advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose that is not specifically authorized;
- further or promote any criminal activity or enterprise or provide instructional information about illegal activities;
- use or attempt to use another's account, service or system without our written authorization, or create a false identity on the Service;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that, in our sole judgment, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which may expose YouLandor its Users to any harm or liability of any type; or obtain or attempt to access or otherwise obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Service.
- use an account opened in the name of a business or entity for the benefit of a different person, business or entity;
- use an account or the Service for any unlawful purpose; or
- represent that you are affiliated with the YouLandin any way without our prior written consent.
8. User Content Posted on the Service
By posting User Content to any part of the Service, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to YouLandan irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such User Content for any purpose, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such User Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. You may remove your User Content from the Service at any time. If you choose to remove your User Content, the license granted above will not expire.
Some Users may be authorized to review personal information (including credit data) and property data posted by other Users on the Service. If you have such authorization to review personal information of other Users, you are not authorized to disclose or otherwise use such information for any purpose other than assessing the creditworthiness of other Users and potential loans.
9. Copyright Complaints
If you believe that any material on the Site infringes upon any copyright which you own or control, you may send a written notification of such infringement to our Designated Agent as set forth below:
Goodwin Procter LLP
Three Embarcadero Center, 24th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94111
Phone: (415) 733-6077
Fax: (415) 677-9041
To meet the notice restrictions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
10. Third Party Content, Services, and Links to Other Internet Sites
11. Consent to Electronic Transactions and Disclosures
Because YouLandoperates only on the Internet, you must consent to conduct business with us and receive disclosures electronically. You agree to receive electronically all documents, communications, notices, contracts, and agreements, including any IRS Form 1099, related to (i) any loans you may request or receive, (ii) your registration as a borrower or investor on our Site, (iii) any loans you may receive from us, (iv) your use of this Service, or (v) the servicing of your loan, (each, a "Disclosure").. The term “IRS Form 1099” refers to any Form 1099 or other Form, Schedule or information statement, including corrections of such documents, required to be provided pursuant to U.S. Internal Revenue Service rules and regulations and that may be provided electronically. The decision to do business with us electronically is yours. This document informs you of your rights concerning any Disclosures. Before you decide to do business electronically with us, you should consider whether you have the required hardware and software capabilities described below.
12. Electronic Communications
Any Disclosures will be provided to you electronically through youland.us either through the Service or via electronic mail to the email address you provided. If you require paper copies of such Disclosures, you may write to us at the mailing address provided below and a paper copy will be sent to you. If you do not consent to receive an IRS Form 1099 electronically, a paper copy of any IRS Form 1099 required to be delivered to you at no cost after the effective time of your failure to consent or revocation of consent will be sent to you. However, a fee may be charged for any additional or replacement copies of such IRS Form 1099. A request for a paper copy of any Disclosure will not be considered a withdrawal of your consent to receive Disclosures electronically. Any IRS 1099 Forms provided electronically will remain accessible through at least October 15 of the year in which such IRS Form 1099 is made available; after that time the IRS Form 1099 may no longer be accessible electronically. We may discontinue electronic provision of Disclosures at any time in our sole discretion.
13. Scope of Consent
Your consent to receive Disclosures and transact business electronically, and our agreement to do so, applies to any transactions to which such Disclosures relate, whether between you (or your agents) and us. Your consent will remain in effect for so long as you are a User and, if you are no longer a User, will continue until such a time as all Disclosures relevant to transactions that occurred while you were a User have been made.
14. Hardware and Software Requirements
In order to access and retain Disclosures electronically, you will need: a computer with any of the following operating systems: Windows XP or higher, OS X (Apple Macintosh) or higher; an Internet connection with an internet browser that is compatible with and supported by your operating system (i.e. Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Firefox 31.2 or higher, Google Chrome 38 or higher, or Safari 6.2 or higher); Software that accurately reads and displays .pdf files (such as Adobe Reader 8.0 or higher); a printer and/or storage device if you wish to print or retain any electronic documents.
15. Additional Mobile Technology Requirements
If you are accessing the Service and the Disclosures electronically via a mobile device (such as a smart phone, tablet, and the like), in addition to the above restrictions you must make sure that you have software on your mobile device that allows you to print and save the Disclosures presented to you during the application process. These applications can be found for most mobile devices in the device's respective "app store". If you do not have these capabilities on your mobile device, please access the Service through a device that provides these capabilities.
16. Withdrawing Consent
You may withdraw your consent to receive Disclosures electronically by contacting us at the address below. However, once you have withdrawn your consent you will not be able to submit loan requests on our Service. If you have a pending loan request on our Service when you withdraw your consent to receive Disclosures electronically, we will terminate your request and remove it from our system. If you have already received a loan, all previously agreed to terms and conditions will remain in effect, and we will send Disclosures to your verified home address provided during registration. If you are an investor member on the Service and you withdraw your consent to receive Disclosures electronically, you may continue to contribute funds to requests on the Service. If you have already purchased one or more loans, all previously agreed to terms and conditions will remain in effect, and we will send Disclosures to your verified home address provided during registration.
If you withdraw your consent to receive IRS Forms 1099 electronically, we will confirm your withdrawal and its effective date in writing by email. Such withdrawal will take effect for the calendar year in which it is made so long as such withdrawal is made before November 1 of such calendar year.
17. How to Contact Us regarding Electronic Disclosures
You can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Member Support at 1-844-415-4663 . You may also reach us in writing to us at the following address: YouLand Corporation, 1 California Street, Floor 17, San Francisco, CA, 94111, Attention: Compliance.
You will keep us informed of any change in your email or home mailing address so that you can continue to receive all Disclosures in a timely fashion. If your registered email address changes, you must notify us of the change by sending an email to email@example.com or calling 1-844-415-4663 . You also agree to update your registered residence address and telephone number on the Site if they change.
18. Special Notice for International Use; Export Controls
Software (defined above) available in connection with the Service and the transmission of applicable data, if any, is subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the Service or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of U.S.export laws. Downloading or using the Software is at your sole risk. Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules and laws regarding your use of the Service, including as it concerns online conduct and acceptable content.
19. Cellular Phone Contact Policy
By providing us with a telephone number for a mobile device, including a number that you later convert to a mobile device number, you are expressly consenting to receiving communications—including but not limited to prerecorded or artificial voice message calls, text messages, and calls made by an automatic telephone dialing system—from us and our affiliates and agents at that number, about any product or services offered by YouLand. This express consent applies to each such telephone number that you provide to us now or in the future. Calls and messages may incur access fees from your mobile services provider. You understand that you need not provide this consent as a condition of obtaining goods or services from YouLand, and that you may decline to provide or revoke your consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by any other method that reasonably ensures we receive your revocation.
20. Monitoring and Recording Communications
By providing us with a telephone number for a mobile device, including a number that you later convert to a mobile device number, you are expressly consenting to receiving communications—including but not limited to prerecorded or artificial voice message calls, text messages, and calls made by an automatic telephone dialing system—from us and our affiliates and agents at that number, about any product or services offered by YouLand. This express consent applies to each such telephone number that you provide to us now or in the future. Calls and messages may incur access fees from your mobile services provider. You understand that you need not provide this consent as a condition of obtaining goods or services from YouLand, and that you may revoke your consent at any time.
21. Commercial Use
Unless otherwise expressly authorized herein or in the Service, you agree not to display, distribute, license, perform, publish, reproduce, duplicate, copy, create derivative works from, modify, sell, resell, exploit, transfer or upload for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service.
22. User Disputes
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users.
Your use of the service is at your sole risk. the service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. YouLand expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
YouLand does not guarantee the accuracy of any User Content or Third Party Services. Although we provide rules for User conduct and postings, we do not control and are not responsible for what Users post on the Service and are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content you may encounter on the Service or in connection with any User Content or Third Party Services. YouLand is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the Service.We cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Service to obtain a loan.
The Service may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other reasons. YouLand assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, User communications. YouLand is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on the Service or combination thereof, including injury or damage to Users or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Web and/or in connection with the Service. Under no circumstances will YouLandbe responsible for any loss or damage, including any loss or damage to any User Content or personal injury or death, resulting from anyone's use of the Service, any User Content or content from Third Party Services posted on or through the Service or transmitted to Users, or any interactions between Users of the Service, whether online or offline.
YouLand reserves the right to change any and all content contained in the Service at any time without notice including, without limitation, permanently discontinuing any portion of the Service. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof, or any affiliation therewith, by YouLand.
24. Limitation on Liability
Except in jurisdictions where such provisions are restricted and except as provided above in the paragraph titled, "investor members: securities matters", in no event will YouLand or its directors, employees or agents be liable to you or any third party for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including for any lost profits or lost data arising from your use of the site or the service or any of the service content or other materials on or accessed through the site, even if YouLand is aware or has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein except as provided above in the paragraph titled, "investor members: securities matters", to the extent permitted by applicable law, YouLand's liability to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to YouLand for the service during the term of membership. In no case, except as provided above in the paragraph titled, "investor members: securities matters", will YouLand's liability to you exceed $1000.
In addition to the specific securities laws provisions described above in the paragraph titled, "investor members: securities matters", certain federal and state laws do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain damages or limitations on implied warranties. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions or limitations may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights.
25. Governing Law; Venue and Jurisdiction
26. Arbitration, Waiver of Jury Trial and Class Action Rights
You and YouLandagree that each may bring claims against the other only in your or its individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding. Further, unless both you and YouLand agree otherwise in writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information about the Service ("Submissions"), provided by you to us are non-confidential and shall become the sole property of YouLand, and you hereby make all assignments necessary to accomplish such ownership. YouLand shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.